Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Purdue Oven Ready Chicken Review


I have been a BzzAgent for a long time now and always get excited for new campaigns.  I love to share new and exciting products and ideas with all my friends and family and that includes you all too! The newest one is for Perdue Oven Ready Whole Seasoned Roaster.  BzzAgent generously shared with me a free coupon valued at up to $11.00 to try it out for myself. You can sign up on the Perdue website for updates and to get your own coupons but hurry...you never know how long these offers are available for.  I was happy to read very clearly noted on the package that the chicken was fed an all vegetarian diet, given no animal by-products, and was raised cage free.  The packaging also states that no hormones or steroids are added.  It says “Open. Cook. Serve." on the package which is super for busy worknights!
I left the chicken in the cooking bag, as instructed and placed it in the pan to roast. That was sure easy enough for this busy working mama. I cut a 1 inch slit in the bag as I was also directed.  I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, and placed the pan in the oven and timed it for 90 minutes.  I ttossed in some freshly washed baked potatoes after about 1/2 hour too and cooked up some baby carrots with honey and a little squeeze of fresh lemon on the stovetop to accompany it.  The chicken looked beautiful after it was cooked.  It tasted great too!  I would definitely try this again for a busy work night or even a weekend dinner. It tasted good enough for company too.

There are 3 other products in this Purdue easy to make line:  Cornish game hens, a bone-in breast, and a boneless breast.  The bone-in breast is 3 lbs.  The Cornish game hen is 3.75 lbs.  The boneless breast is 1.75 lbs.


No comments: