Sunday, December 16, 2012

Savvy Sampler Teeccino and TeeChia Review

I always think I am such a savvy Glamamama.  We eat healthy here in my home, we exercise and I shop at Trader Joes and Whole Foods in addition to my regular grocery stores.  Everytime I work with the ladies at Naturally Savvy, I find exciting new products to add to my healthy roster of foods!  This week was no exception either. I received a big box chock full of great new products to try thanks to their Savvy Sampler program.  Let me share them with you:


I sampled several varieties of Teeccino Herbal Coffee in French Roast Organic, Mocha, Chocolate and Vanilla Nut. Teeccino is a yummy herbal alternative to caffeinated coffee.  Teeccino is made from a nutritious blend of Mediterranean herbs, grains, fruits and nuts that are roasted and ground to brew and taste like coffee. Teeccino is naturally caffeine free and non-acidic.  It comes in "Tee-bags" so it is super easy to make.  The manufacturer suggests pouring boiling water over the Tee-bag in a cup.   I made a cup in the evening a few nights in a row by boiling water and pouring it over the Vanilla Nut Tee-bag.  I added some milk too. I also tried the French Roast Organic that came in a big bag and brewed it in my reusable K-Cup in my Keurig machine. It smelled wonderful. It was a nice, relaxing drink in the evening both ways I made it. I would definitely buy this because I don't like caffeine at night but I love a warm drink before bed.  I have to say it tasted very flavorful and creamy...it tasted almost like a regular coffee.

You can also enjoy Teeccino iced which also might be good in the summer..I would drink it mid-morning or in the evening. It would also be great for anyone that is pregnant and avoiding caffeine. I like that it is rich in inulin, a soluble fiber in chicory roots that helps to improve digestion and elimination plus it helps to make sure your calcium and minerals are properly absorbed. It is also gluten free and certified Kosher by Kof-K. It is also certified organic. There are a bunch of other flavors and brews to choose from including Java (Medium Roast), Original (Light Roast), Chocolate Mint, Almond Amaretto and more so check them out for yourself.

I also checked out another product called TeeChia High Performance Super Seeds Cereal. I received the Blueberry Date flavor and the Cinnamon Cranberry.  This cereal is gluten free with no sugar added. It has 6g fiber per serving and is replete with 1100mg ALA Omega-3 Fatty Acids. It is a real powerhouse of a way to start your day.  TeeChia is jam packed with chia, flax, quinoa, amaranth, ramon and pumpkin seeds.  It is a fast way to get nutrition into your day.  I tried both with their suggested preparation method...putting about 1/3 cup TeeChia in a bowl and adding 1/2 cup hot water. You can also use cold water and just add a little more water.  I stirred it and let it sit for a minute. I then added some Greek yogurt and a little milk. It tasted yummy and a little sweet. I noticed that there is also dates and dried fruit in there so I like that the sweetness is all natural. I was energized all morning and felt great after eating it. I enjoyed it a few more times this week for breakfast as well. You can buy it on their TeeChia website or you can find it locally here.

Let me know what you think!   


No comments: