Thursday, August 22, 2013

New! Calvin Klein Downtown Fragrance Review

Disclaimer: I received a full-sized sample of Calvin Klein Downtown and an issue of Vogue Magazine complimentary through Vogue Insiders.  As always, my opinion is my own.
I was surprised and curious when a new ladies fragrance, Calvin Klein Downtown appeared on my doorstep courtesy of Vogue Insiders. It came in a gorgeous black box with the latest issue of Vogue magazine. Perfect. Of course you already know that Calvin Klein Downtown just launched in late July as an edgy, young and cool fragrance.  Rooney Mara is the face of the fragrance.  The name itself is eponymous with cool and edgy. Everyone wants to be downtown where all is happening that is exciting...NYC, Philly, Dallas or LA. we all know that downtown is the place to be seen and to see it all.
Have you seen those edgy Down Town Calvin Klein ads with Rooney Mara yet? If you haven't you must be living in a cave. They are totally riveting.Take a peek here....great, right?


That is why I was kind of excited to see for myself.  So, Downtown by Calvin Klein is a light Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women with a bit of an edge. What kind of edge you are wondering? The scent has a fascinating blend of notes: the top notes are Italian lemon, bergamot, tunisian neroli, pear and plum; middle notes are pink pepper, gardenia and violet leaf; base notes are Texas cedar, incense, vetiver and musk. It has several of my favorites including Tunisian neroli, Italian lemon and violet leaf. I have been enjoying it so much this past week and I can see wearing it during the fall and even into the winter. It feels fresh and new to me.  I have been getting quite a few compliments and questions about what fragrance I am wearing too.
You can buy it as 30,50  and 80 ml Eau de Parfum in finer stores. Let me know what you think!

No comments: