Monday, May 12, 2014

DSpeed Fast-Melt Vitamin D3 1000 IU Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. Always check with your physician before starting any supplement product and specifically DSpeed Fast Melt Vitamin D3. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition.  Keep out of reach of children.
I have been taking Vitamin D supplements for a number of years now since my Vitamin D levels tested low. I take it along with my calcium to make sure it gets absorbed properly. I don't want to have any weak or broken bones! My doctor told me the D really helps the calcium absorption. I was curious to try a new form of Vitamin D that melts in your mouth.  DSpeed™ is a delicious, natural peach- flavored, sugar free fast-melt tablet that melts in your mouth in seconds. It is formulated with only the highest quality of Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) from lanolin and helps the body replenish this nutrient to fight off possible Vitamin D deficiencies.  I love fruit flavors so I thought this was a great idea to help me make sure I got my supplement in every day.
I thought it tasted great. It melted in a few seconds in my mouth and I didn't need to take it with water. Pretty cool!  DSpeed even got a three star Superior Taste Award recently in an event organized by The International Taste and Quality Institute (iTQi) in Belgium.  DSpeed™ was tested by a taste panel of Chefs and Sommeliers within Europe's most prestigious culinary and sommelier associations. The judging process was conducted on a blind basis without any kind of labeling. I am not surprised that they got a Superior Taste Award since it really does taste great. I like that I can pop one on the go so I don't have to worry about forgetting or remembering when I am running to work for example.

If you don't know what Vitamin D is, here is a little background information from DSpeed to get you up to speed on your basic supplements:  Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) is a form of steroid that promotes normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the body. It is commonly found in sources such as eggs, fish, cod liver oil, and whole milk and has five forms: D1, D2, D3, D4, and D5. In regard to health, the two most important forms are D2, which is called ergocalciferol, and D3, which is known as cholecalciferol. Vitamin D2 is produced in plants, while sunlight exposure causes the skin to produce vitamin D3. Both D2 and D3 are often added to nutritional supplements as it was previously thought that both forms were equally effective, but research has shown that D3 is more potent than D2 and remains active in the body longer than D2 1-3. Vitamin D3 is also converted in the body to the most biologically active form of vitamin D called calcitriol 4. (Click on References, then navigate to Science - About Vitamin D if you want to see some of the references here)

The company also shared that DSpeed™ Vitamin D3 fast-melt tablets also support bone and teeth formation, the immune system and overall cellular health.* The fast-melt technology used in DSpeed™ allows for a great-tasting tablet to dissolve in the mouth with the use of water; making it ideal for children, the elderly, athletes and those with an active lifestyle. You can pick DSpeed™ Vitamin D3 fast-melt tablets up on Amazon too.

Please Note: *If you are allergic to corn, this product is not for you. We use sorbitol, a natural sweetener, as a substitute to sugar and sucralose. We naturally derive our sorbitol from corn. Although there is zero corn in this product, sorbitol has been known to cause digestive issues to people with sensitivity to corn.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: