Saturday, August 8, 2015

Giving BackPacks Event: How far can I stretch $25 to buy school supplies for kids in need? #givingbackpack #aldi @realadvicgal @AldiUSA

Disclosure:  I was provided $25 by Aldi, the sponsor of this event, to purchase a backpack and school supplies for children in need. I was not compensated in any other way for this post.


I had the opportunity to participate in a great event recently to benefit underprivileged kids. It is an annual event called the Giving BackPacks Event. Aldi is the generous sponsor of this event for 2015. Bloggers like me volunteer to purchase at least $25 worth of school supplies including a backpack for Back to School to support a child in need. Bloggers can choose to supplement with additional items from your own pocket if they so choose like I did. The goal is to stretch the $25 as far as you can to get the most for your money.




Have you discovered Aldi yet? There are so many stores in my area and I just keep finding more as I drive around the state for work. Several of my friends and I have been sharing the Aldi secret for a while now. They have everything you need to feed your family and care for your home at great prices. Are you ready? They even have tons of organic products like snacks, canned foods and more. You can't beat that because you know how expensive organics can be. If you are on a budget Aldi can really help cut the corners and save you a bunch of cash. Aldi has even stepped in with great prices on school supplies from backpacks to highlighters and pens. I even found locker decor! You can buy everything you need for your kitchen and home plus get the kids stocked up for school in one trip by stopping at your local Aldi.



I started trolling the stores including Aldi a few weeks ago when I found out I was participating in this charitable event. It was easy to find back to school deals since stores like Aldi know moms like me are busy and they stock up early.  This is an important project as it benefits kids in need.  I was able to swing by a local Aldi and I picked up just over $25 in supplies including a great backpack. I am supplementing what I bought at Aldi with some additional items like crayons and colored pencils that I had already picked up earlier this year.


I contributed some out of my own pocket but I did it gladly to help out kids in need. Kids need supplies to learn and if this can help then I am in to assist wholeheartedly. This was a wonderful project that I am thrilled that I was able to participate in along with Madame Deals and Aldi. You can learn more by visiting the Madame Deals site and perhaps you will consider participating next year. It feels wonderful to help kids learn. You can find out more about Aldi and even see what they have going on by checking out their website and following them on social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Let me know what you think and have a great end of summer!

No comments: