Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Weeknight dinner idea: Sunnyside Tortilla Veggie Wrap


Once again, driving around and this idea for Sunnyside Tortilla Veggie Wraps popped into my head as a quick dinner which you could mostly prep ahead. Mix 'n match your veggies to what you have. I was too tired to do more but you could add vegetarian or turkey sausage, grilled chicken, shrimp or even meat to amp up the protein for everyone or just select guests. Sometimes I do that based on our diet needs since hunky hubby is a vegetarian (sigh...more work but I 💗 him and he does do a lot of the cooking!)


I sautéed up 2 chopped cloves of garlic in olive oil then I added 1 chopped onion. After another two minutes I added some chopped red and yellow sweet peppers. Add more for a larger group. Chopped cherry tomatoes would also be good to add to the mix or zucchini I think. 


Meanwhile, I grilled up a block of organic tofu that I had sliced the long way into four pieces. I like to grill it because it gets a bit crispy on the sides and builds a good texture. I grill about 15 minutes each slide on medium in a grill pan on the stove until each side is golden brown. Let cool a minute then slice into one-inch pieces. 

Add the tofu to the almost finished grilled veggies. Heat up a frying pan and cook sunny-side up or broken cooked yolks or scrambled...your preference) one egg per serving/per person. 


Heat up large or small tortillas...I use whole wheat ones. If you are cutting carbs you can use Romaine leaves instead of tortillas. Drop you preferred style of cooked egg in, add your grilled veggies and top with salsa and or hot sauce. I love my Sriracha but you enjoy any way you like. 


No comments: